Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Moved to a BIG house


(We got to skype with John on Sunday and it was great to talk to him and see how he's doing.  He mentioned that they moved in with a former NFL player and his wife, so I guess their new place is pretty nice!)

Hello Everyone!
 
This week was another good one.  There's nothing too out of the ordinary so I'll just include a few little details.  We are now settled in our new house which is great! Probably the biggest house I will ever live in in my life and doing it while I'm a missionary.
 
We met a really cool lady named Susy Q this past week.  She works at the hospital with a couple of spanish speaking members.  They invited her over and were teaching all of us how to make pozole and morirsonando/jugo de la muerte and it was a lot of fun. We're hoping she accepts the invitation to learn more about the gospel because she is an awesome lady.  She taught me how to make my favorite kind of salsa as well as some other Spanish foods.  We are going to do service for her this week and hopefully learn to make some good food!
 
I got to go on exchanges this week and it was the first day I've had out of my area in the last 4.5 months so it was relaxing to do things in English and not be responsible for the lack of success that has been found in our area for a really long time.  We met some cool people that have not let the missionaries in for years that got along really well with us and let us start to build a relationship with them.  We had a lot of common interests and they liked our sincere personalities so we were happy to help them in that way.  We also had dinner with a family that I had a lot of coincidences with.  The wife is a non-member and when we walked in and she saw my tag she said "I used to work for a Jeff Gaskill in Colorado for 9 years, do you have any family there?".  We discovered that we were both from Colorado Springs although I do not know a Jeff Gaskill and that she also lived in Naperville, Illinois before she came to Colorado.  It was really nice to meet another person from Colorado Springs because that doesn't happen very often!  This lady is flying out on Wednesday because she has 2 granddaughters graduating from Coronodo and Air Academy high schools so she will be pretty close to my family.
 
Friday was zone conference which is always really spiritual and we learned a lot there.  Those are always really inspirational and it was great to see some old faces although most of them are really new faces.
That's about all for this week! I miss everyone and hope everyone is doing well.
 
les quiero mucho,
Elder Gaskill

No comments:

Post a Comment