Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sending Love and Prayers to Colorado

Hello everyone,

I hope all is well.  I've been hearing reports of fires in north Colorado Springs all this past week and just got the first update on how everyone is.  I keep everyone there in my prayers and hope that all who have been affected by the fire can find peace and comfort in these difficult times.
 
Here in Galt we had kind of a slow week.  We couldn't find a lot of the cool new people we had found the week before. The family we are teaching out in Ione couldn't come to church because they were on suicide watch for a family friend who's going through a hard time.
 
The highlight of the week was on Saturday going on exchanges in Lodi with Elder Lee.  Elder Lee is a great Elder.  He and Elder Russell went to school together so I had heard great things about him for a long time.  We went to see a lot of investigators they had and I took him to see a lot of people I knew when I was there.  We found people for them to teach and some new ones that neither of us had met before.  It felt really good to be back in Lodi and see that even some investigators that we only saw a few times still remembered me.  We got to go see Jorge Guzman who I've only seen once since I left.  He's doing really well, he just hasn't been able to come to church recently because of work but in 2 more Sundays he will be free again.  His son got home from his mission in Oaxaca, Mexico last week.  That is crazy to think about because when we baptized Hermano Guzman, his son had the same amount of time left in his mission that I have left right now... One of the coolest things about the exchange was that we were on bikes because the northern half of Lodi is now a bike area.  I've only been on a bike 1 day of my mission so I was really excited.  We had such a great time.  It was nice and hot so we were really sweaty all day but it didn't matter.  I loved it and I hope my next area  I serve in is a bike area.  I also decided that Elder Sempf and I are going to use our bikes a lot more in Galt.  I even got a flat tire on Saturday while on exchanges so that was fun.  We stopped to talk to someone who was outside their house and I guess I must have ran over something sharp right as we stopped.  My bike was fine when I got off it but when I got back on it when we had finished talking to the people, I had a flat tire.  So we walked back up to the door, the family had a bike pump so we patched the tube and they pumped it up and we got to talk to them even more! It was a fun day.
 
I also conducted my first baptismal interview yesterday before church.  The sisters have a baptism of a guy named Alejandro who's married to a less active member.  He has such an awesome testimony and I can't wait for his baptism this Saturday!
 
I look forward to more fun stories to tell and I know this next week is going to be a great one!
 
Les Quiero Mucho,
Elder Gaskill

No comments:

Post a Comment