Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Transferred to an English Speaking Area

Hello Everyone!
 
I hope all is well! Things are going well out here.
 
The biggest news is that I'm getting transferred.  I will be going to the North Sacramento Zone with Elder Baryshnikov.  I've never met him before but this is his last transfer in the mission.  We cover an English ward there so that will be the biggest change.  I'm really sad to be leaving Spanish work.  I hope I get a chance to go back before my mission ends.  I'm excited to be with a really experienced missionary and to learn from him.  I'm also sad to be leaving the Lodi Branch.  I really do feel like this is my home here.  But there's always something new to learn and some people I need to find so I'm excited for this new opportunity.  
 
Other news with transfers; Elder Russell is training a new missionary! That means I'll be a "grandpa" as we call ourselves in the mission.  I can't wait to meet Elder Russell's trainee.
 
Things went really well here this past week.  The Barajas family didn't get baptized.  We decided to put it off one more week because everything was getting really rushed and we wanted everything to get done right.  There were miracles that accompanied the family this week though.  A week ago in our lesson we challenged everyone to pray specifically if they need to get baptized on the date that they have. We all knelt and prayed together and had a really good experience.  After we left that night, Hermana Barajas got ready for bed and then prayed again before she went to bed.  She fell asleep really quickly and really oddly.  At 11:00 pm that same night she woke up thinking it was morning feeling refreshed and ready for the next day.  She looked at her clock and realized only a short time had passed and remembered she had a dream.  She dreamed that she was at a baptismal service just like the one she saw at Martin's baptism, and I was baptizing her! So she had a really cool answer to her prayers.  She is doing great and preparing as best she can for her baptism.  Andres and Grace are doing well as also.  They aren't sure if they want to get baptized with their mom because they feel like it's really soon and they aren't sure because they didn't get an answer to their prayers the same way as their mom.  I'm sure they will be taking the step very soon if not this Saturday.  They all had their baptismal interviews on Sunday so they're ready, they just have to make the decision to be baptized with their mom.
 
I don't really have too much time to talk today but things are going really well! I'll try to say more next week.  The Barajas are doing great and there are lots of new people to be teaching for Elder Idso and Elder Gilray when he gets here.
Hope everyone has a great week!
 
Les Quiero Mucho!
Elder Gaskill

No comments:

Post a Comment