Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Obedience Brings Blessings

Hello Everyone,

This week was great, as are they all. Especially because of conference! One of the lessons I've been learning lately that was emphasized in conference was that of obedience.  President Monson and Elder Perry both focused on it and I thought it was really interesting.  One of the prophets stated that "obedience is the first law of heaven" and so we definitely need to be prepared for that by being obedient in every way here: by obeying commandments, governmental laws, etc.  One scripture that has really stuck out to me is Mosiah 2:41 that says more or less "I would that ye would consider the blessed and happy state of those who keep the commandments of God".  I testify that that is true.  The support and blessings we get from keeping the commandments are all that we could ever need.  I have been thinking a lot about the Hispanic people with whom I work.  Most of them live in humble circumstances and I am convinced that it is because they are a people that because of tradition and a lack of knowledge to the things of God break a lot of commandments.  They LOVE their alcohol and coffee, most of them "get together" with a spouse and start a family and never get married, work almost every Sunday and hardly ever go to church, etc.  Breaking these commandments is part of the reason why they are in such humble circumstances.  Those that obey the commandments of God are so much better off having all of His blessings.  So the lesson of the week is BE OBEDIENT.

A new transfer is starting tomorrow and Elder Russell and I will be together for another transfer and we are very happy about that!

Les Quiero Mucho,
Elder Gaskill

No comments:

Post a Comment